Thursday, January 27, 2011

TR-7

My EGI didn't work today and the problem was there was no date or time or year listed. I had *** where the values should have been. The 1991 workaround checklist should correct that problem. I ran the 1991 workaround but the problem wasn't fixed until I shut the EGI off and back on for another 4 minute alignment (step 8 of the workaround). The entire process took about 15 minutes.

There was an AGE cart under the sunshade today that was well outside of a white 10ft line. I didn't notice it until I was releasing brakes to taxi. I pointed it out and the crew chief held up his arms like I'd miss it by 3 feet and tried to keep marshalling me. I had to point again before he moved it begrudgingly (sp?). My wing would have actually crossed over the top of it.

My IPs canopy did not lock in arming today. Maintenance had to come out and wrench on it to get it to work. Keep that unlocked light in your crosscheck bc there is no mastercaution warning.

I did the TWLO-1 to Libby today. Libby Approach 254.35 did not answer for 4 radio calls. This can be a problem on the TWLO-1 because the departure dumps you off at Tombs right imbetween the MOA and the Restricted area. I set up an orbit so not to fly into the MOA or Res Area and was able to raise Libby Tower who gave me an alternate frequency for approach.

Verbalize your descent checks (IP dependent).

The 5700ft restriction at Libby and 3700 at DM are for the entire inside downwind area. Probably a good idea to hold below those altitudes until well clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment